Saturday, December 8, 2012

A Day of Infamy – 71 Years Later

J. D. Longstreet urges us to recognize that Islam is our enemy and is not going away. We should not give up our country without a fight.

Read more

Bruce

"My personal journey to becoming a conservative began at Pearl Harbor. My philosophy on politics had its birth on the morning of December 7th, 1941…

It was a beautiful Sunday morning in paradise when…

Around 8 AM, (71) years ago today, the Japanese swooped in, out of a brilliant blue sky over Hawaii, and bombed the Port of Pearl Harbor to smithereens. Much of the muscle of our Navy was destroyed. Two thousand and four hundred US servicemen were killed.
...
When we could get those veterans to talk, which was not often, I was spellbound by the stories of their experience. I soaked it up like a sponge.

You see, I learned, both from personal experience and the accounting of the men of my family who had been there, who had suffered the indescribable hell of combat in the Second World War, what war REALLY is. And, I learned that you have no choice when the enemy brings the war to your doorstep, you must fight back, and you MUST prevail, no matter the cost.
...
I don’t suffer fools lightly. My generation shares that quality. Today we have people in our government who are advocating a policy of retreat for the United States in our war against terrorists in the Middle East—and the world. It does not seem to matter to those folks that an enemy, which has brought war to our shores, will not quit, and go home, just because we do. They will follow us back to our own country and continue to wage war against us here… in our land.
...
On such an important day as today in American history, I am compelled to consider the condition in which freedom and liberty find themselves within America today. They are continually under assault, with the fiercest attacks originating from domestic enemies – even within our own government."

No comments:

Post a Comment