Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Silent State: The Campaign Against Whistleblowers

Some things never change, and the honest efforts of whistleblowers to expose waste in arrogant government agencies is unfortunately one of them.

Bruce

'“The State Department was aware of Mr. Van Buren's book long prior to its release,” explains attorney Jesslyn Radack, who now represents me. “Yet instead of addressing the ample evidence of fraud, waste, and abuse in the book, State targeted the whistleblower. The State Department's retaliatory actions are a transparent attempt to intimidate and silence an employee whose critique of fraudulent, wasteful, and mismanaged U.S. reconstruction efforts in Iraq embarrassed the agency.”

Without allowing any rebuttal or defense, State suspended my security clearance, claiming my blogging was an example of “poor judgment,” transferred me from a substantive job into a meaningless telework position, threatened felony conviction over alleged disclosure of classified information, illegally banned me from entering the building where I supposedly work, and continues to try to harass and intimidate me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment