Monday, July 29, 2013

My favorite communist spy chief

David Kupelian has a great espionage story.

Read more

Bruce

"I thought I knew a lot about lying. After all, I’ve written two popular books about high-level lying and deception and been interviewed on the subject hundreds of times on radio and TV.

I thought I knew pretty much all of the tricks – the ways Americans have been influenced, misled, duped, seduced, indoctrinated and intimidated into abandoning all that is good and wholesome in favor of angry, irrational and destructive ideologies and behaviors.

But that was before I met Ion Mihai Pacepa.

The author of a mind-boggling new book called “Disinformation,” Pacepa is the highest-ranking intelligence officer ever to defect to the West from the Soviet bloc.

In other words, he was a top commie spy chief – the director of foreign intelligence for Romania and top adviser to the infamous dictator Nicolae Ceausescu."

No comments:

Post a Comment